How to choose a Wedding Venue in Marbella, Spain?
I’ve talked about where to start when you first get engaged and what are the first things to consider. But, once you’ve enjoyed a few days / weeks of engaged bliss there is one more question that will ping to the front of your mind every time you think of the wedding…what is the right venue for us?
When it comes to choosing a wedding venue there is a lot to take into account, and to consider, to ensure that your event is as successful and as perfect as you have always imagined; paying attention to detail and making sure that the small details are just as important as the big, that’s my job!
I want to make sure that every couple make the right decisions from the beginning and choosing the venue is the best place to start (after agreeing to marry the person of your dreams, of course!).
Choosing the right venue depends on a number of factors but mostly it comes down to two things: budget and date.
A lot of venues have become very popular and, due to the seasonal timings of weddings in Marbella, can get booked up a while in advance. Because of this, when you get engaged, it’s a good idea to start thinking about your perfect venue. It’s something that I always recommend to couples and will help when we start looking in your chosen area. Whether it’s the privacy of a villa, the opulence of a beach club or the luxury of a hotel – what views you want; the style and décor of the venue; the number of guests; and the general ambience of the wedding, will all dictate where you want to host your perfect day.
If you aren’t really sure where to start, I’ve put together some helpful tips to get you started:
- Date: Are you hoping for the blazing sun of July and August or something a little cooler in May and October? Either option (or something in between of course) may determine your ultimate venue choice – when thinking towards the hotter months you might want to consider starting your wedding a little later. But in the cooler months, we always need a plan B in case of rain, so an indoor option at the venue of choice will help.
- Style of the wedding: Are you hoping for something relaxed and laid-back or a structured detailed event. Whether its paella cooked in front of guests, a tapas buffet for guests to help themselves or a defined three course traditional wedding breakfast – this will help to determine your venue.
- Setting the scene: Think about what matters most to you on the day. Are you hoping guests are wowed by the venue alone; do you want them to be amazed the entertainment; will the backdrop for your wedding be a must for the photos? All couples have an idea of what their wedding might be like even before they start looking for a venue and ultimately, this idea, will help to find that venue.
- Guest numbers: The number of guests can certainly determine your location of choice and you need to have a rough idea when you start looking. It might be number 5 on my ‘Not sure where to start list’ but for venue options I insist on an approximate idea of guest numbers.
- An open mind: Once you’ve decided on your criteria for the venue of your wedding day dreams, I will send you suggestions that fit into the criteria and hopefully that you will love. However, there may also be another venue or two that I think you should also look at when you come to do your venue viewings; so even if they are a little different, take a look and you might just love them too.